S-Craft Plantation Shutters
- Call today 0208 866 6088 - book an appointment to make the most of the Love Shutters Sale!
- Antigua - entry level shutter - an extremely durable composite wood MDF wrapped in a tough, water resistant polyurethane coating. A little shinier with a very slight orange peel texture due to the coating. Available in 5 white colours and with a beaded stile.
- Bermuda- a painted MDF product with polypropylene sleeve that gives a smoother finish than Antigua and is available in a range of 28 painted colours and a beaded stile.
- Java - extremely hard wearing - an ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) lightweight and hardwearing plastic shutter - now fully waterproof so recommended for more humid conditions for example in either bathrooms or kitchens.
- Cuba - A robust MDF frame with lightweight hardwood panels. A mixture of hardwoods are used with a uniform grain making this product ideal for painted shutters. Cuba has flat stiles and is available is 6 shades of white.
- Fiji - manufactured from Paulownia with a flat stile, this range is available in a range of 28 painted colours and 20 hardwood stains. Paulownia is a beautiful sustainable hardwood with a light natural honey colour that is great for stains.
- Sumatra - the top of our product range, manufactured from FSC certified white teak. A tight grain with high dimensional stability, manufactured with a beaded stile. Also available in 28 painted colours and 20 stained options.
- Visit our plantation shutter gallery
- Plantation shutters home page
- Check out the different shutter styles available
- Plantation shutters configurations
- Confused about which shutters - Compare with this table
- Download the S-Craft Shutter Brochure (pdf format 12MB)
- Contact us for further information on internal wooden shutters
Woods and Finishes
In the S-Craft range, all of our available shutter styles, except the 'automated light control', are available in a choice of 6 wooden materials, each one offering its own benefits. Depending on your budget and specifications we will be able explain the differences to you and provide you with a FREE quote for the design, bespoke manufacture and installation of the different styles and materials you are interested in. The 6 materials are:
Bit confused over the different ranges - why not compare them all here in this handy table that lists their key properties and benefits. Click here to download this shutters comparison table...
Shutter Louvre Widths
The louvre size is paramount to getting the best from your shutters. There are 7 choices plus a solid panel shutter depending which range you decide upon. The different slat widths with eliptical louvres are shown below each with a different stain or paint option. There are also 2 flat louvre options on certain ranges.
Shutter Louvre Control
The tilt rod is the control that you use to open and close the shutter louvres and can be seen located centre on the 32mm, 47mm, 64mm, 114mm and s-shaped examples above. This tilt rod can be off centred to either the left or right if so desired by customer choice or to avoid obstrction in the case of multi bi-fold panels. The 89mm louvre example above shows an example of a hidden tilt rod. In this case the louvres all still move together but are controlled by moving just one of the louvres, this is an option for all wood styles, and there is a plate at the back of on one side which connects all the shutter louvres together. New in 2010, if you don't want the hidden tilt rod with the plate at the back, the Basswood and Cedarwood ranges have a hidden tilt rod called a silent tilt rod that is totally hidden and built into the shutter stile. Additionally on the hardwood shutters there is a remote control option. The individual panels each have a built-in motor allowing you to control panels individually or all together from the comfort of your armchair.
Whether you choose to visit us at our showroom in Eastcote, Middlesex (NW London) or you would like to contact us to arrange for one of our trained team to discuss your options either by phone or by visiting you, we are ready to help. Either way, we will have on hand examples and swatches of all the options to assist you in your decision.
Shutter Colours & Stains
All our shutters are given either 6 coats of paint or 7 coats of stain to achieve a tough, durable and sumptious finish. As well as a broad range of standard stains and colours, we are also able to match your shutters to many well known trade palettes. And if this vast range still doesn't provide you with the exact colour you require, we can custom match to almost any sample.
The finishing touches
Your shutters will give you a lifetime of satisfaction, add value to your property, increase perceived security, but most of all create an iconic design feature in your home that will give you pleasure for many years to come. Beware of cheaper shutters that will not meet your expectations; our shutters are crafted in a state of the art production facility using advanced engineering processes. This ensures that you, our customer, will receive a first class product. Each shutter is engineered to counteract the timber's natural tendency to twist, warp and distort providing you with a truly balanced shutter that will look as good in the future as it does today. Lastly, each shutter undergoes a rigorous final quality inspection.
Plantation Shutters Categories
- Shutters Home >
- Shutter Styles >
- Shutter Configurations >
- Faux Wood Shutters >
- Vinyl Shutters >
- S-Craft Home >
- S-Craft Antigua >
- S-Craft Bermuda >
- S-Craft Java >
- S-Craft Cuba >
- S-Craft Fiji >
- S-Craft Sumatra >